Thursday, November 3, 2011

Me, Myself, I...WE


Me myself I got a revolutionary mind state

My actions mobilize the evolution of the primate

Society that we're trapped in that's encouraging the crime rate

Grandma's getting punched and robbed, fearful to stay out late

Close our eyes turn our backs on it, settled for the blind fate

Put our faith in the corrupted government, the same one you say "I hate"

Jobs are scarce, money too, lash out cause of what we going through

Hustling by any means, you tell me, what we gon' do?

Bodies falling in our streets, result of the robberies

Scratch and fight for all we can, face to face with poverty

The government ain't helping, the media makes a mockery

With all my financial struggles, still their hands are where my pockets be

Our leaders are all dead and gone, so we wander carelessly

Evicted from our homes, wonder who will care for me

Cost of living going up, can't seem to feed our family

But soft spoken tones hardens their hearts, so You and I now becomes WE

Warriors engaged in war kicking down every door

Open up your eyes and minds witness what we're fighting for

Equality and happiness, the two things we most require

Two things the top percentile didn't have to fight for to acquire

So raise your fist and stand with me, who says we're "preaching to the choir"

Don't be deceived by their deceit, we all know the devil's known to be a liar


No comments:

Post a Comment