Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Regrets


Saying I took advantage

You talking a different language

Tell me how the heck did I manage

To inherit all of your excess baggage

Made you perfect when you were average

Wasn't worth it 'cause you killed our marriage

Let us discuss the beef and cabbage

Seeds unborn due to a miscarriage

If I'm acting Macho, then you acting Savage

We were billed the perfect package

Couldn't sustain the devastating damage

You can't blanket the hurt with a bogus bandage

Brokenhearted and feeling abandoned

Took me for a ride then left me stranded

So confused can't understand it

How you took our love for granted

Gave you all you ever demanded

But still you a crook, you underhanded

Premeditated, which means you planned it

Thought you were deeply rooted and planted


2 comments:

  1. Hi FYI,

    I really enjoyed this one. I liked how it flowed and it had me thinking of a lot of a lot of relationships you see out there where one person gives everything and the other person just takes. Great work man..Poetry club Alumni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your feedback. I'm working on some new things. Look forward to them. Take a look at some of my other stuff when you get a chance. @Shamara D:

    ReplyDelete