Thursday, September 22, 2011

Seize the moment


Time keeps ticking, tick tocking away

Memories passing me by, all of my days

Step back to see what I've accomplished

Fell short of my promise, I am astonished

Disgusted with the lack of enthusiasm, lack there of pride

Took my life for granted, feeling empty inside

Mentors have mental distaste for what I've become

Molded into a genius, but perceived to be dumb

Greatness in my grasp, still chose a different path

Ridiculed by my subconscious, which constantly laughs

Fallen from grace, viewed as a disgrace

Always in character; mask on my face

Man in the mirror says I'm better than you

To switch places with him, what I wouldn't do

Truth spoken in jest, a joker amongst peers

Appealing to the masses, while disguising my fears

Still I yearn to converse with an open book such as I

One as transparent as me, with no need to lie

Do you ever feel empty? Even cold at times?

Feel like you're down in the pits, with no desire to climb?

Satisfied with the outcome of the choices you've made?

Or scared to sleep at night, scared that your life may fade?

Educated to the degree you were destined to be?

Satisfied being paid hourly rather than salary?

Is this what your Parents, Grandparents, and Guardians expected?

Or were you hard headed, refused to learn, and help was neglected?

Will your children look up or down on past generations?

Are they destined to fail or have you set expectations?

Time moves fast, waits for no man

Plan for failure is the result of a failure to plan


1 comment: