Tuesday, September 6, 2011

You & I

you know the climate of our chemistry changes constantly
think of leaving, but still staying, you f*** with me consciously
they say the truth hurts, but you're unaffected by my honesty
remained humble through my trials, exerted modesty
but probably, could the problem be, that you ain't proud of me?
I was the hottest thing going, the biggest commodity
comically, I sit back and watch as the cookie crumbles
can't cry over spilled milk so make no sense to bitch and mumble
but still we tussle, scuffle, rumble, then I get into trouble
cause you done called the cops, continuously I just struggle
and so I stumble, unto the fact that you ain't worthy
no not at all missy, cause now I see you don't deserve me
clear vision helps remove me from ongoing controversy
but indecisiveness always keeps me at your mercy
firmly, I standby waiting for my chance to leave
and all our peers can't comprehend, or rather can't conceive
how someone who seems to always wear their heart upon their sleeve
would stick around so long, when there's nothing to achieve
but I believe, you're a work in progress, an eventuality
the give and take, the back and forth, twisted reality
girl of my dreams, became a nightmare, it ends in tragedy
but I can mold you, shape you up, and although they badger me
Imma be, the man you need, the man you've always dreamed
be patient with you, even though it seldom seems
the two of us were meant to be rivals on seperate teams
your insecurities erased when I boost your self-esteem
and the theme, it seems, is always ongoing
the up and down, the run around, the never really knowing
accountability never shown, so you're never owning
up to the tantrums you constantly be throwing

No comments:

Post a Comment